RE: New Member

  • Gwenhwyvar
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2004
      I would prepare and serve....placenta....
      Welcome aboard. Hope you find this group useful in your studies.

      docendo discimus
      Gwenhwyvar
      http://www.housedragonor.org/art&science.html

    • John Olinger
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hello all,
        I joined this group to try to learn more about ancient cooking.
        I'm an experianced reenactor of the 19 century who generaly does
        beans & stews in a 10 gal casst iron kettle.
        I've more recently become interested in reenacting ancient Celts.
        So I decided I needed to adjust my "menus".
        I haven't posted before because I've just been absorbing the
        posts comming in.

        Any & all suggestions are welcome!

        Thanks John
      • medieval_man_inc@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2005
          --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "John Olinger" <jolinger1@c...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          > I joined this group to try to learn more about ancient cooking.
          > I'm an experianced reenactor of the 19 century who generaly does
          > beans & stews in a 10 gal casst iron kettle.
          > I've more recently become interested in reenacting ancient Celts.
          > So I decided I needed to adjust my "menus".
          > I haven't posted before because I've just been absorbing the
          > posts comming in.
          >
          > Any & all suggestions are welcome!
          >
          > Thanks John

          You might want to contact the ancient Celt recreation groups... there
          are several, dont have the links handy but could find if you have any
          trouble finding them yourself... I have only one book on that topic..

          "A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Food Processing and Consumption- By Ann
          Hagen; Anglo-saxon Books, Middlesex England 1994 ISBN 0-9516209-8-3

          Xaviar
        • Richard Cook
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 7, 2005
            > I've more recently become interested in reenacting ancient Celts.
            > So I decided I needed to adjust my "menus".
            > I haven't posted before because I've just been absorbing the
            > posts comming in.
            >
            > Any & all suggestions are welcome!
            >
            > Thanks John

            I have only one book on that topic..

            "A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Food Processing and Consumption- By Ann
            Hagen; Anglo-saxon Books, Middlesex England 1994 ISBN 0-9516209-8-3

            I find Jacqui Wood's 'Prehistoric cookery' a very useful referrence when
            comparing Roman and celtic cookery.

            richard C