Australian verjuice

  • Redwarf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      Actually the Maggie black verjuice is ( in my very humble opinion) not the
      best and not the only one available (although it is by far the best marketed
      and therefore well known). Clever marketing and reusing otherwise waste
      products has brought verjuice (and a host of other grape related things)
      very much into fashion in the last few years. There are 4 wineries in the
      Hunter valley (NSW) making very individual verjuices' (depending on the
      grape varietal and season), another 2 in the Margaret river region ( WA),
      and a host of others from S.A., Qld and Tasmania. Any of these places will
      ship to anywhere, and they are generally cheaper by a considerable amount
      (at least $2.00 a bottle and that is before GST is removed and/or bulk
      ordering). I have a lot of fun exploring the different products and usually
      have 3 on the go at any one time from sweetish, to green apple sour with
      green grape after taste (its hard to describe but an amazing taste
      sensation!).

      Marie, another lurker