malabathrum

  • sallygrain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2004
      Hi all

      I have never found any malabathrum either. Its very vexing as I am sure it
      is very different to bay. There is a fare amount of bayleaf in Apicius and I
      dont think it would be an adequate substitute. The only option is to find a
      friend travelling to the Mullacas or indonesia.

      sally

    • frajlo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2004
        Hello to all members,

        I think I have found an interesting side about Indian Bay-leaf (Cinnamomum
        tamala).
        Look at
        http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/germ/generic_frame.html?Cinn_tam.html
        . It is in German and English.