ancient roman recipes

  • tarafearce
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2004
      hi I'm tara
      I'm new here. I wondered if you could help me with something. We're
      going to be cooking at school during Latin and I'm looking for some
      good recipes. does anyone know a good one, something I and a friend
      can make (18 and never cooked more than an egg :p)? We are in for a
      challenge but not to hard please. Links to good site are also very
      welcome
      thanks
      xxx
      tara
    • asseri@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2004
        Salve,
        here is a few links to help you on your journey . My first roman cooking was
        in high school too . I made Globi (with cottage cheese -ricotta was not easy
        to get back then . )

        Drusila

        <A HREF="http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/tocb/recipes/index2.html">The Olde Cookery Book</A>
        <A HREF="http://www.realm-of-shade.com/sweetlady/villa/index.html">Lady Livia's Roman Villa</A>
        <A HREF="http://www.gti.net/mocolib1/kid/food.html">The Food Timeline</A>

      • RM
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2004
          These links are not bad:

          http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/ethnic/historical/ant-rom-coll.html
          (This has been taken from this book:
          http://imperiumromanum.com/quellen/quellen_kultur_03.htm)

          the original Latin text is to be found at:
          http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~harsch/Chronologia/Lspost04/Apicius/api_intr.html

          Best regards

          RM