Salve Ona and All!

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
      Salve!

      I could use some help...
      Several months ago some posts were made to this
      site in regard to Roman reproduction items. One
      of these site had repro wax tablets; braziers;
      strigiles and such. Does this ring a bell with
      anyone? If so, please let me know!

      Valete,
      Correus Appius

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
        Salve!

        I just ran across some books you all might find
        interesting.

        Around the Table of the Romans: Food and Feasting
        in Ancient Rome
        by Patrick Faas (Author), Sean Whiteside
        (Translator)

        Empire of Pleasures: Luxury and Indulgence in the
        Roman World
        by Andrew Dalby

        These can be found at amazon.com

        Correus Appius

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Richard Cook
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
          Could be the group I belong to, the Roman Military Research Society. Len
          Morgan and Steve Wagstaff run the 'Frabrica' producing all the equipment you
          mention. You can contact them through the group's web site:

          www.romanarmy.net

          click on the frabrica link.

          vale

          Richard Cook
          aka Gnaeus Musius

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
            Hmmmmm....nope....sorry.

            HOWEVER!!! GREAT SITE!!!! Thsnk you for
            sharing.

            The site I remember has dozens of items with a
            photo of each.

            I also think it was in the US or Germany.

            If I can find it I will post it. Perhaps it was
            linked with a Roman re-enactment group.

            Correus

            --- Richard Cook <richard_cook@...>

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
              Here is a site I have found, but it is still not
              the one!

              http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/index.html

              Some of the pics do not come through.

              Correus Appius

              --- Richard Cook <richard_cook@...>

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                Here is one for the military re-enactor!

                http://www.armae.com/antiquite/11antiquiteCadre.htm

                Correus Appius

                --- Richard Cook <richard_cook@...>

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                  Well, as I said, if I find it I will share it...

                  Here it is:

                  http://www.forumtraiani.de/index.htm

                  The actual home page says that there is an
                  English version, but I can't seem to get it to
                  work. I beleive the pricing is in Euros. For
                  example, there is a BEAUTIFUL spoon that sells
                  for 49,00 - I assume this is Euros. Anyone know?

                  The parent site I got this off is filled with
                  TONS of links with all kinds of Roman repros.
                  Here it is:

                  http://www.larp.com/legioxx/supplrs.html#jewelry

                  Also on this list is a site with wounderful Roman
                  cooking pots:

                  http://www.replik-online.de/en/eng/index2.html

                  On this site is a bronze wine cup that is selling
                  for, I beleive, 700 Euros! Isn't that about $856
                  US! This can't be right!!!! Can anyone tell me
                  if this price is Euro or something else?

                  Correus Appius

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                    Can anyone tell me what the equivalent (in US
                    dollars) this is:

                    550,00 EUR (1.100,00 DM)

                    Correus Appius

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                      Sorry, I ment to include the site that shows a
                      picture and discription of the item mentioned
                      below.

                      http://www.hr-replikate.de/englisch/index.html

                      Correus Appius

                      --- Correus <correus@...> wrote:
                      > Can anyone tell me what the equivalent (in US
                      > dollars) this is:
                      >
                      > 550,00 EUR (1.100,00 DM)
                      >
                      > Correus Appius
                      >

                      > --- Correus <correus@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Well, as I said, if I find it I will share
                      > > it...
                      > >
                      > > Here it is:
                      > >
                      > > http://www.forumtraiani.de/index.htm
                      > >
                      > > The actual home page says that there is an
                      > > English version, but I can't seem to get it
                      > > work. I beleive the pricing is in Euros. For
                      > > example, there is a BEAUTIFUL spoon that
                      > sells
                      > > for 49,00 - I assume this is Euros. Anyone
                      > > know?
                      > >
                      > > The parent site I got this off is filled with
                      > > TONS of links with all kinds of Roman repros.
                      >
                      > > Here it is:

                      http://www.larp.com/legioxx/supplrs.html#jewelry

                      > > Also on this list is a site with wounderful
                      > > Roman
                      > > cooking pots:
                      > >

                      > http://www.replik-online.de/en/eng/index2.html
                      > >
                      > > On this site is a bronze wine cup that is
                      > > selling
                      > > for, I beleive, 700 Euros! Isn't that about
                      > > $856
                      > > US! This can't be right!!!! Can anyone tell
                      > > me
                      > > if this price is Euro or something else?
                      > >
                      > > Correus Appius

                      > > Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage,
                      > less
                      > > spam
                      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      > Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less
                      > spam
                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Marianne Perdomo Machin
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                        Correus wrote:
                        > Can anyone tell me what the equivalent (in US
                        > dollars) this is:
                        >
                        > 550,00 EUR (1.100,00 DM)

                        About 672 USD

                        I normally use this online converter:
                        http://www.xe.net/ucc/

                        It won't be exactly what it says, as there's usually conversion
                        charges by the credit card companies or whomever, but it gives you a
                        good idea.

                        Hope that helps!

                        Marianne
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 14, 2004
                          WOW!!!! Is there anyone out there who has spent
                          that kind of money on a reproduction cup? I know
                          of someone who sold an ORIGINAL Roman silver
                          fiddle spoon (circa 2nd-3rd cent.AD) for just a
                          little over double that price.

                          Correus Appius

                          --- Marianne Perdomo Machin
                          <marianne@...> wrote:

                          > Correus wrote:
                          > > Can anyone tell me what the equivalent (in US
                          > > dollars) this is:
                          > >
                          > > 550,00 EUR (1.100,00 DM)
                          >
                          > About 672 USD
                          >
                          > I normally use this online converter:
                          > http://www.xe.net/ucc/
                          >
                          > It won't be exactly what it says, as there's
                          > usually conversion
                          > charges by the credit card companies or
                          > whomever, but it gives you a
                          > good idea.
                          >
                          > Hope that helps!
                          >

                          > Marianne

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • RM
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 15, 2004
                            Hi!

                            There is another link with things like that:
                            http://www.antike-latein-spann.de/
                            and about cookery:
                            http://www.antike-latein-spann.de/kueche.htm

                            Sometimes there is something at www.ebay.it
                            (I just found an original amphora for 4600 Euro)

                            :-) RM

                            > WOW!!!! Is there anyone out there who has spent
                            > that kind of money on a reproduction cup? I know
                            > of someone who sold an ORIGINAL Roman silver
                            > fiddle spoon (circa 2nd-3rd cent.AD) for just a
                            > little over double that price.
                            >
                            > Correus Appius
                            >

                            > --- Marianne Perdomo Machin
                            > <marianne@...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Correus wrote:
                            > > > Can anyone tell me what the equivalent (in US
                            > > > dollars) this is:
                            > > >
                            > > > 550,00 EUR (1.100,00 DM)
                            > >
                            > > About 672 USD
                            > >
                            > > I normally use this online converter:
                            > > http://www.xe.net/ucc/
                            > >
                            > > It won't be exactly what it says, as there's
                            > > usually conversion
                            > > charges by the credit card companies or
                            > > whomever, but it gives you a
                            > > good idea.
                            > >
                            > > Hope that helps!
                            > >

                            > > Marianne

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 16, 2004
                              roman hideout perhaps?

                              Correus wrote:

                              > Hmmmmm....nope....sorry.
                              >
                              > HOWEVER!!! GREAT SITE!!!! Thsnk you for
                              > sharing.
                              >
                              > The site I remember has dozens of items with a
                              > photo of each.
                              >
                              > I also think it was in the US or Germany.
                              >
                              > If I can find it I will post it. Perhaps it was
                              > linked with a Roman re-enactment group.
                              >
                              > Correus
                              >

                              > --- Richard Cook <richard_cook@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > > Could be the group I belong to, the Roman
                              > > Military Research Society. Len
                              > > Morgan and Steve Wagstaff run the 'Frabrica'
                              > > producing all the equipment you
                              > > mention. You can contact them through the
                              > > group's web site:
                              > >
                              > > www.romanarmy.net
                              > >
                              > > click on the frabrica link.
                              > >
                              > > vale
                              > >
                              > > Richard Cook
                              > > aka Gnaeus Musius

                              a.k.a.: Marsh Wise

                              LEGIO IX HISPANA COH III NorCal Chapter

                              Websitarius:
                              -reenactor.Net: http://www.reenactor.net/
                              -Legio XXII "Primigenia": http://www.reenactor.net/units/legioxxii/
                              Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze

                              Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 15, 2006
                                Ave!

                                Anyone know where to purchase a reproduction
                                Mortaria?

                                Vale,

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Chris Stewart
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 16, 2006
                                  These came up in a quick Google Image search, so I don't know much
                                  about the vendors :

                                  http://www.trinitycourtpotteries.co.uk/1Roman%20Replicas.htm

                                  http://www.hudsonclaypotter.com/the_pots.php?type=4

                                  And, even though I don't see any on her site, you might also try Julia
                                  at http://venetiancat.com/index.html She can probably make some if
                                  you as her.

                                  Hope that helps.

                                  Chris S.