Re: [Apicius] Digest Number 668

  • squashrot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      I have never seen much use for sumach, since I find it relatively flavorless
      and uninteresting. You can find sumach powder fresh in any grocery that caters
      to a Middle Eastern clientele. If you live far from such a grocery and want
      some, email me off list and I will pick some up for you in Boston.
      Dick

      > I have only used sumach once and had to special order it. What I got was
      > dry and it powdered in my hand. It must have been very old. It had no flavor
      > only a slight bitter and drying quality, so I can only base my info on what I
      > found here. Has anyone else used this herb before?
      Gwyn