PDF update

  • James Matterer
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2003
    • James Matterer
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 4, 2003
        Hi - sorry for the delay in updating this site - it's been a very
        busy month for Gode Cookery, as we just prepared a SCA feast for 136
        people - the menu can be found at:

        http://www.godecookery.com/latest/sylcru2.html

        PDF update:

        The file that was to have been made available on May 15th is now the
        file for June 1st.

        CURRENT SELECTION June 1st: The Great Feast, At the Inthronization of
        the Reverend Father of God, George Neavill Arch-Bishop of Yorke,
        Chancellour of England, in the sixt yeer of Edward the fourth (size:
        245 KB)

        Next file on June 15th: Sorting through the Titles of Medieval
        Cooking: What Is, or Is Not, a "Blanc Manger." by Constance B. Hieatt
        (size: 4,139 KB)

        The URL for this site for June is:

        http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/ploughmonth.html

        Enjoy,
        Jim
      • James Matterer
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 17, 2003
          The PDF website has been updated with:

          Sorting through the Titles of Medieval Cooking: What Is, or Is Not,
          a "Blanc Manger" by Constance B. Hieatt (size: 4,139 KB)

          The URL for June is:

          http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/ploughmonth.html

          Next month's files will be:

          July 1st: Archimagirus Anglo-Gallicus, 1658 (size: 9,620 KB)

          July 15th: The Cook's Guide: Or, Rare Receipts for Cookery, 1664
          (size: 3,223 KB)
        • James Matterer
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 30, 2003
            The PDF website has been updated for July.

            File: Archimagirus Anglo-Gallicus, 1658 (size: 9,620 KB)

          • Master Huen
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 15, 2003
              September 15th: The Closet of the Eminently Learned Sir Kenelme Digby KT Opened (size: 8,8804 KB)

              URL for September:

              http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/windmonth.html

              Please enjoy,
              Huen

            • asseri@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 1, 2003
                Greetings and Salve!

                thank you as always a wonder effort . I had trouble down loading last months
                . How can i get older file?

                janet
                aminah (sca)
                Drusilla ( Nr)
                Giovanna (adrian emprie)

              • Master Huen
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 1, 2003
                  Hi! This month's PDF is:

                  Countrey Contentments, In Two Bookes, 1615 by Gervase Markham: PART 1 (size:
                  6.80 MB)

                  The URL for October is:

                  http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/vintmonth.html

                  Plus, I've included a special Hallowe'en PDF treat. Please enjoy.

                  Jim/Huen

                • Master Huen
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 2, 2003
                    Hi - a month's subscription to Streamload.com will give you enough download time to acquire all the PDFs we have available. Unfortunately, most are too big to email, so I've made them available through Streamload, an online subscription service. A month's sub is $4.95, and will give you 1000 MGs of downloads; the PDFs come to about 800 MGs total.

                    Go to http://streamload.com for all the info you need. If you join Streamload, let me know, and I'll send all of the PDFs to your Streamload account.

                    Sorry, but this is the only way I have of distributing these files en masse! If you don't mind shelling out 5 bucks, then you can get everything we have.

                    Jim
                    thank you as always a wonder effort . I had trouble down loading last months
                    . How can i get older file?

                    janet
                    aminah (sca)
                    Drusilla ( Nr)
                    Giovanna (adrian emprie)

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    ---

                  • Master Huen
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 2, 2003
                      Sorry, folks! That was meant to be a private reply!

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 14, 2003
                        As Gode Cookery is leaving for Alabama on Oct. 15th to cater the Ren Faire feast and attend the Faire, I won't be able to update the PDF site on that day as scheduled.

                        The site's been updated now with the new file, which is:

                        Countrey Contentments, In Two Bookes, 1615 by Gervase Markham: PART 2 (size: 6.63 MB)

                        The URL for October is still:

                        http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/vintmonth.html

                        The updated and final menu for the Alabama feast may be found at:

                        http://www.godecookery.com/alabama/al2001.html

                        Wish us luck & safe travels, please! The trip to Alabama from the Pittsburgh, PA, area is over 700 miles, and it takes us two days to make the journey. 4 of us will make the trip from here, while another will travel from Mobile, AL, to our kitchen in Florence - about a 7 hour drive.

                        We shop on Thursday, cook on Friday & Saturday, and present the feast Saturday night. We're cooking for approx. 225. We'll be physically exhausted, mentally worn out, & extremely sore when it's over.

                        We're really looking forward to it! :-) I think it will be a lot of fun.

                        Please enjoy the PDF,
                        Huen

                      • DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 21, 2003
                          700 miles?? Ack I do pretty much that much every day... my commute is 54
                          miles one way and then I drive another 465 or so. What's another 100
                          miles ;-)
                          DECIMvS

                          --
                          DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
                          a.k.a.: Marsh Wise

                          LEGIO IX HISPANA COH III NorCal Chapter

                          Websitarius:
                          -reenactor.Net: http://www.reenactor.net/
                          -Legio XXII "Primigenia": http://www.reenactor.net/units/legioxxii/
                          Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze

                          Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.

                        • Master Huen
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 5, 2003
                            My apologies for the delay in updating the site; our car was broken into and vandalized while in Alabama and it delayed our getting home when originally planned!

                            Other than that mishap, the feast went fine and we've received many compliments on the food. My apprentices and cooks did me proud.

                            The file for Nov. 1st is:

                            Countrey Contentments, In Two Bookes, 1615 by Gervase Markham: PART 3 (size: 7.95 MB).

                            The URL for November is:

                            http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/autmonth.html

                            Please enjoy,
                            Jim/Huen

                          • Master Huen
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 18, 2004
                              File: The Queen-Like Closet; Or, Rich Cabinet (1670) by Hannah Wolley (size: 10,049 KB)

                            • Master Huen
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 1, 2004
                                Current:

                                February 1st: Prayers and Charms in Certain Middle English Scrolls (size: 1,202 KB)

                                Next:

                                February 15th: Delightes for Ladies, to adorne their Persons, Tables, closets and distillatories (1603) (size: 8,136 KB)

                                URL for February:

                                http://www.godecookery.com/maillist/cupidskiss.html

                                Enjoy,
                                Huen/Jim