Request for assistance

  • channonm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2003
      I received a request to assist with some references and passed this along to
      the apicius list in the hope someone might have more specific information for
      this young lady.

      > <<Lyuba Isayeva is a graduate student in NYU's history department and
      > enrolled in Professor Vitz's seminar on the Latin Kingdom at
      > Jerusalem.For her term paper, Lyuba is a culinary history that
      > explores what the
      > food was like among the Franks settled in the Holy City. She would
      > appreciate suggestions for sources. >>
      >

      > Hello, thank you for replying. I am interested in the 12-beg of the 13th
      century culinary habits in Jerusalem. I am arguing that there existed a
      society distinct from the Byzantine Greeks and significantly different from
      that of Western Europe. One way to prove this is by analysis of cusine. If
      you can recommend some primary sources with food references, i would really
      appreciate it. Thank you again, sincerely, Lyuba.

      If anyone can assist, that would be wonderful

      Channon Mondoux

    • GySgt. Dorne A. Millis II
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
        Ok, planning a Roman Get together for this Saturday. (Actually
        recruiting event for my Legion).

        Would like to serve a Roman dinner...Mid level... I'll have 1 prep
        day. Evening meal, limited budget, approx 12 guests.

        I career Marine who likes to cook international chow, Wife
        Filipina...we are not scared w/ new recipies.

        Request assistance in menue/recipies for this event.

        Thanks,
        Red
        AKA
        Gaius Navi Rufus Ephibatus