Re: [Apicius] Digest Number 550 (re: gute Frage)

  • Arnamentia Aurelia
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      I'm fairly sure we'll have a bit of trouble finding
      actual doormice at a butcher. They are incredibly
      labor intensive. The Romans raised them in little
      round clay pots that had rings around the inside
      surface. The mice nested in there in the dark and ate
      and ate. They got no exercise, and got very fat, and
      so were such a delicacy. I don't think anyone now
      would have the patience for that.

      Arnamentia

      http://finance.yahoo.com