Re: Welcome to Apicius@onelist.com

  • Asseri@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 1999
      In a message dated 2/1/99 12:34:51 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
      Nodigio@... writes:

      << Anyone willing to risk bad house odors for a chance to try it, I'll post
      the
      recipe....

      Nodigio >>
      oh please do!!
      Oliva the unafraid
    • Anne & Tony Goodings
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 1999
        Sure send it to me it cant smell worse then kippers!!
        Anne

        |As one who adores good food - and ancient Roman, at that, I hope this will
        be
        |a fun list. My favorites are the Roman and Greek cheesecakes. I have a
        |divine recipe I recreated from a description in a Roman murder mystery
        novel
        |that was very historically accurate - made with feta cheese. It smells
        |horrible while baking (you may not want any guests over during the actual
        |baking part - and if it is at all possible to leave the house during it, do
        |so!), but once out of the oven and cooled - it is so toothsome!
        |
        |Anyone willing to risk bad house odors for a chance to try it, I'll post
        the
        |recipe....
        |
        |Nodigio
        | |
      • RIDGLEYJ@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 1999
          go for it. I'd love the recipe!!!
          Judy
        • Squashrot@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 1999
          • terelleterry@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 1999
            • Rebjosh@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 1999
                Anyone know a site for Ancient GREEK recipes and/or dining protocol.
              • Debra Perry
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 1999

                  > Anyone know a site for Ancient GREEK recipes and/or
                  > dining protocol.

                  Hi-

                  I lookeds for it the other dya and here is the most
                  extensive I found.

                  http://www.webexpert.net/vasilios/recipes.htm
                • Sally Winchester
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7, 1999
                    I don't know of a site but do you have the book "Greek Cooking for the
                    Gods" by Eva Zane? It's old (1970) so I'm not sure if it's still in print.
                    It does seem to try to keep tie in the recipies to Ancient Greece and has
                    some nice (classical) artwork.
                    Sally