Skip to search.

Re: [Apicius] Digest Number 422

  • Matt Hucke
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2001
      Salve,

      > I discovered Nova Roma, and I really thought it was swell, until I found out
      > that devoted Christians, Muslims and Jews were not welcome. If you refuse
      > to acknowledge the "gods of Rome" you can't be a real functioning member.

      Last year, one of the Consuls was a Christian. The current Senior Censor
      is a Jew, and he has been Consul in the past. The two highest offices
      in Nova Roma have been held by non-Pagans.

      At a real-life Nova Roma gathering in Ohio last weekend, a Christian
      member was our host.

      No one there will force you to believe in the Gods of Rome, the only
      requirement is that you do not publically speak against them.

      Vale, Octavius.

      --
      Matt Hucke (hucke@...)
      http://www.graveyards.com/
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2001
        In a message dated 10/21/01 1:45:21 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
        hucke@... writes:

        > At a real-life Nova Roma gathering in Ohio last weekend, a Christian
        > member was our host.
        >
        > No one there will force you to believe in the Gods of Rome, the only
        > requirement is that you do not publically speak against them.
        >
        > Vale, Octavius.

        Salvete,
        Thank you so much for your wise answer. I am glad your here.
        Now on to food !!

        Drusila who is still unpacking from the Ohio gathering