Re: [Apicius] Digest Number 402/persian dinner note

  • margali
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23 5:44 AM
      nvts! I should have noted that the recipe for the duck was the
      only one expanded to serve an army, all the others are normal
      recipes, making servings for 4 to 6 people ;-( My bad!

      I multiplied up the various recipes and adjucted the spicing by
      taste [one of the truely odd things about spices and herbs is
      that they do not multiply evenly - some herbs like parlsey seems
      to take more when multiplied, and stuff like cloves becomes
      overwhelmingly strong when proportioned up - with cloves frex if
      I multiply a recipe up by 8, I only double the original amount of
      cloves - I learned that after making a batch of spicebread that
      ws entirely inedible [but smelled wonderful!]]
      margali
      --
      ~~~~~
      The Quote Starts Here: