CONVENTICVLVM LATINVM LEXINGTONIANVM

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 11:13 AM
      I'm once again at the Conventiculum in Kentucky, where I spend the
      vast majority of the day speaking Latin. It is, re vera, a very
      strange experience.
      You'll recall that last year I made a Roman dinner one night and
      everyone loved it. I'm already getting requests to do it again (and
      many of my friends missed it last time, leaving early). I'll probably
      do the same reicpes as last year, as I don't have time to work out
      other things (the reicpes were Pullus Parthicus, Puls Punica, Moretum
      Vergilianum, and Epityrum Catonianum, moslty according to Sally's
      interpretations)
      In other news, someone I met here has been planning on doing a
      cooking video in Latin. I told her about the Parthian Chicken and now
      she wants to include that in the video. I figure she could make it
      according to the recipe in the Classical Cookbook, in return for
      showing off the book to the camera (pace Ms. Grainger of course!). I
      gave her the URL for this group and am sure she will join as soon as
      the conventiculum is over.
      Also I have recently been looking up terms from Akkadian recipes
      in the Big Bloody Book of Babylonian (a.k.a. the Lexicon of the
      Assyrian Langauge ;) ). One of these days, when I have the time, I
      plan on typing up and posting to this group the entry on the word
      shiqqu (which means garum). I think Sally especially will be
      interested in all the references it gives.

      Valete
      IVSTINVS