Pear Patina

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2000
      Greetings!!

      Yesterday I made Pear Patina. I tasted great,
      but the texture was not right. I was expecting
      something like a custard, but in stead it looked
      curdled. It had a curdled/grainy aspect to it.
      Any ideas to make it more creamy? Or is it
      suppose to be like that (curdled/grainy)?

      Larry

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Marco Berni
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2000
        Larry,

        You will never get pears smooth, even pear juice nectar is grainy.

        Changing variety or pear will produce differing results however.

        Caius

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2000
          Marco,

          Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea on how
          to smooth out the milk/egg mixture? That part
          appeared to curdle.

          Larry

          --- Marco Berni <mberni@...> wrote:
          > Larry,
          >
          > You will never get pears smooth, even pear
          > juice nectar is grainy.
          >
          > Changing variety or pear will produce differing
          > results however.
          >
          > Caius
          >
          > > From: Correus <correus@...>
          > > Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:04:35 -0700 (PDT)
          > > To: Apicius@egroups.com
          > > Subject: [Apicius] Pear Patina
          > >
          > > -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor
          > >
          > > Greetings!!
          > >
          > > Yesterday I made Pear Patina. I tasted
          > great,
          > > but the texture was not right. I was
          > expecting
          > > something like a custard, but in stead it
          > looked
          > > curdled. It had a curdled/grainy aspect to
          > it.
          > > Any ideas to make it more creamy? Or is it
          > > suppose to be like that (curdled/grainy)?
          > >
          > > Larry

          http://mail.yahoo.com/
        • Diane Stallings
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2000
            Try bosc pears.

            dks

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2000
              Diane,

              The recipe I used was from Geacosa's (SP?) book.
              It called for 3 eggs and 1-1/2 cups of milk
              (optional). I did use the milk. It also had
              passum, oil, pepper & cumin in it.

              Larry

              http://click.egroups.com/1/8024/11/_/530999/_/968767477/

              http://mail.yahoo.com/