5560Re: [Apicius] costus

  • Cristal Delamer
    May 9 4:47 PM
      Sounds amazing! I am going to try my best to be at the August workshop!!

      Claudia  ~Cristal

      domum coquus est numquam esurientem amicitiae
      ~A cook's home is never hungry for friendship~

      On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Sally Grocock sallygrain@... [Apicius] <Apicius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The Gargilius Martialis oenogarum It's pretty good too. The honey caramelises and almost obscures the obvious fish tones.  I used 2 pt of my own fish sauce 1/2 pt red wine and 1lb honey and 15 gm of cinnamon clove pepper and costus. I had a very  old bit of whole root not much flavour left but I just need to know the chefs in LA can get it As they will be making enough for 300+\~

      Sally

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 9 May 2014, at 17:51, "Justin Mansfield iustinus@... [Apicius]" <Apicius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      .