    May 9, 2014
      I know I managed to get it in Chicago's China Town so I can't imagine it would be a problem in LA.

      What recipe are they planning to make with costus?

      On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM, sallygrain@... [Apicius] <Apicius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hay  I will tell my chef that she may be able to buy it direct.   Getting the chinese name really helps
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Cristal cristaldelamer@... [Apicius] <Apicius@yahoogroups.com>
      To: Apicius <Apicius@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, 9 May 2014 14:47
      Subject: Re: [Apicius] costus

      I wonder if they'd have it in Chinatown in Downtown LA? It goes by the Chinese name Mu Xiang.

      When do you need it, Sally?

      On May 9, 2014, at 3:53 AM, "sallygrain@... [Apicius]" <Apicius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi  did anyone ever find a source for costus suassuria lapa ?  I need more than i have for a Byzantine feast  at the Getty.   I am consulting from a distance this time so wont be present at the meal and the chef will have to wing it?!

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic