      From: Justin Mansfield
      Date:02/11/2014 12:51 PM (GMT-06:00)
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Apicius] Spice Use Chart - Unless Your Roman

      Well, of course, since you're the one doing the work you get to decide, but what I was thinking was a "reverse index," where you can look up an ingredient and get a list of recipes it's used in.

      On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Correus <correus@...> wrote:

      Thanks Anahita.

      I think I will go ahead and expound on the information though and delve into some of the recipes supplied by other writers as well.

      What I'm going to try for is a chart showing each recipe with the herbs/spices used as well as a list showing the popularity and how often used.

      Anahita - are you 'Urtatim Al-Qurtubiyya'?

      Correus

      Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:20 PM

      I have saved the page from the long gone website of Francisco Sirene, Spicer (David Dendy), as a plain text document in the Files section of this list. The name is
      A Late Roman Spice Chest

      Anahita, aka Urtatim (oor-tah-TEEM)

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic