5503RE: [Apicius] Happy 15th birthday to the Apicius list!

  • Galefridus Peregrinus
    Jan 27, 2014
      Not Babylonian, but Minoan and Mycenaean. I came across this book while researching the history of olives:

      Minoan and Mycenaeans: Flavours of Their Time. Greek Ministry of Culture, 1999.

      Way before Apicius, but a good window into the cooking, eating, and drinking habits of the ancient eastern Mediterranean.

      On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 01:56 PM, Steve Thompson wrote:

      Congratulations to Apicius-List founders on the occasion of the list's 15th anniversary!

      Can anyone point to research done on fine dining in ancient Babylon? More specifically, what luxury foods could have appeared on the Neo-Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar's table about 600BC? Persian royal menus of the same era would be equally helpful! I realise this stretches the parameters in which our list operates, but any leads appreciated!

      Steven Thompson
      Avondale College of Higher Education
      Cooranbong, Australia
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic