5338Re: [Apicius] Sources for obscure herbs and spices? (In New York or by mail order to USA)

  • Cristal Delamer
    Apr 8, 2013
      Greetings,

      According to Amazon you can purchase lovage (Levisticum officinale) from
      Amazon online. They also sell lovage leaves. Were you hoping to grow it
      yourself?
      I can get Rue seeds in my local Middle Eastern market. You'll find them on
      the spice aisle, but last year I found a seedling plant at a nursery and
      planted it in my little garden. It took off like crazy and has now pretty
      much taken over the garden. It is VERY aromatic (read: stinky) so be
      careful when handling it. It can also cause allergic reaction in many
      people just from touching it.

      Let me know if you can't find the rue seeds or a plant and I can send you
      some. I have an unopened packet in my pantry :)

      pax
      Cristal / Claudia

      --
      ~Cristal

      *domum coquus est numquam esurientem amicitiae*
      ~A cook's home is never hungry for friendship~