5237Re: Mock Dormice and other experiments

  • Lisa Blair
    Jul 11, 2012
      Greetings,

      What I usually do with Moretum is a "cheater version" for large demos and Renn Faires where my kitchen is set up. Instead of using Monchego cheese for the Virgil's Moretum, I use feta and cream cheese. This way I am still holding somewhat true to the "hard by taking up the salt" since the feta is brined. You can also use either Romano or Parmesan. I do find the feta version to be a bit more palatable and affordable. I know it is not correct, but it does give people the oppertunity to try a Roman digestive. Children really love it!

      Gwenhwyvar

      I need to make a Mortum (cheese spread) for this event and another. The