      From: Mercy Neumark <mneumark@...>
      To: "Apicius@yahoogroups.com" <Apicius@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2012 9:18 AM
      Subject: [Apicius] Re: Garum - Colatura di Alici, Delfino, Anchovy Condiment

      So, I've watched two British TV shows recently on Roman food which brought up Garum. One was "Supersizers Go... Roman" which everything them seem to eat (almost) is nasty to them. I also saw Heston Blumenthal (spelling) Roman Feast special, which he said wasn't bad. I've also had friends tell me to substitute Asian fish sauce when cooking. Not sure if that is the best replacement honestly.

      What do you all think about the taste? When you've made it have you come up with a good way of making it that is easy?

      --Mercy

      Sent from my iPhone
      Please excuse any typos or odd autocorrection errors