      From: lisa blair <gwenhwyvar@...>
      Subject: [Apicius] Re: Isicia Omentata and Other Items (was Caroenum)
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 11:56 AM

      Salve,

      I have made Caroemun in large batches and frozen it in ice trays. Just put them in ziplock after they freeze to keep them from absorbing freezer odors.

      Kept in an airtight container out of light, Juniper berries should keep for several year. I rotate out all of my spices about every two years.

      I use meat with a high fat content for Omentata and cook them slowly in their own fat in a slow roaster.

      Gwenwhyvar