      From: Correus <correus@...>
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, Aug 2, 2010 4:57 pm
      Subject: [Apicius] OT- "Dirt Eaters"

      Hello Everyone -

      I am recently read 'Dawn of Empire' and am currently reading 'Empire Rising', both by Sam Barone.

      In these books he calls the Mesopotamian farmers and villagers "Dirt Eaters". I tend to recall this being slang for ancient farmers but can't seem to find the reference for it.

      Am I correct or am I going daft? Anyone know id this is indeed slang for farmers?