4728Jellyish Garum

  • Armand Marechal
    Mar 28 9:54 AM
      Patres matresque conscripti,

      about three months ago I prepared some garum following the method of
      Heinrich Wunderlich

      http://www.heinrich-wunderlich.de/encyclo/liqua.htm

      Now the garum has separated into some jellyish stuff swimming on top ans
      somealmost clear liquid below.

      http://www.heinrich-wunderlich.de/encyclo/liqua.htm

      Both jelly and liquid taste the same, i.e. pretty much like colatura di
      alici. The taste is a bit of a disappointment to me as I had hoped for
      something more - how should I put it - "exotic"?

      The jelly seems to contain all the particulate matter that has been found in
      the glass.

      Anybody here can possibly tell me whether this jellything is normal?

      Armand