4707Re: [Apicius] First Roman Cookbooks to Purchase?

  • goliathrix@hotmail.com
    Dec 3, 2009
      I am looking for historical accuracy! I forget what the ingredients were. It was a long time ago.

      From: lilinah@...
      Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:22:04
      To: <Apicius@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Apicius] First Roman Cookbooks to Purchase?

      Joshua/Optio wrote:
      >I am looking for historical accuracy just a book that is an easy read.

      Did you mean you are *not* looking for historical accuracy?

      >The few Roman cookbooks that I have looked over some of the
      >ingredients have been things that you can't find in civilized
      >grocery stores.

      What ingredients are those?

      I prepared a 26 dish (Greco)Roman feast a few years ago and had
      little trouble finding ingredients. I believe i live in a civilized
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita

      who is writing another reply on cookbooks