4700New member!

  • jbd_29349
    Dec 2, 2009
      Ave Citizens!

      I hope that I am not out of line by starting a topic to just introduce myself. My name is Joshua Davis I live in Spartanburg, South Carolina. I am a member and the Optio of Legio VI FFC based out of Charleston, South Carolina.

      I found this site going through some websites I haven't been to in a while and I am glad I did. I have been biten by the cooking bug here recently and being a Roman re-enactor I would like to try authentic Roman dishes.

      My first question is this: where can I find a good Roman cookbook. Now my definition of a good Roman cookbook is this, will give you substitutes for things that you can't find in even a "fancy" grocery store. Also written by someone that has reproduced these dishes and has applied modern cooking techniques and or terms. This one is a bonus but not really necessary, dates for when these dishes were common/created.

      Joshua Davis
      aka
      Marivs Minivs Donatvs
      Optio Centvriae