      From: Lucia Clark <luciaclark@...>
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, Nov 15, 2009 11:54 am
      Subject: RE: [Apicius] Fwd: Ancient Recipe

      Delightful. Now that finally my sour dough is behaving, I do it too. No

      honey and no feta, I use a sort of sheep or cow farmer cheese. I have the

      Gant book. My only objection is that he uses rosemary.

      Lucia

      _____

      ernoeng.blogspot.com/2009/09/staititai-or-ancient-roman-pizza.html

      It is a blogger's attempt at Mark Grant's redaction of staetites. Grant of

      course believes it was pizza-like, rather than pancake-like (he has ben

      strangely belligerent about the teganites as well).

      The blogger really wanted to do this authentically, so I wish I could have

      warned him to use emmer instead of spelt!

      =