4605Hello from Gode Cookery

  • James Matterer
    Apr 3, 2009
      Greetings to the Apicius list!

      After several years of neglect, I'm in the process of revising and upgrading the Gode Cookery website & domain. <huzzah!>

      I'd like to ask all of you to consider contributing to the website. I'm looking for:

      Recipe contributions for the Historical Cookery Page. These don't HAVE to be completely authentic, just do-able within the SCA or any recreation groups. (However, authentic, documented recipes are always highly preferred!) Please consider contributing any recipe you have used with success within the Society or similar groups and that fits within the historical guidelines of the Middle Ages or Renaissance. Ancient Cookery recipes are welcome, too!

      Links. It's been awhile since I kept myself up-to-date with all the new historical cooking websites. Would you please send me links to your favorite or most useful websites? If you have a website of your own, please send me that link, as well.

      Selected Sites. Gode Cookery used to offer an "award" on a monthly basis; I'd like to revive that practice, and so I'm looking for historical cooking/food websites for the monthly Gode Cookery Award. Do you have a favorite site you can recommend to me?

      Small revisions at Gode Cookery have already begun; this process will take awhile, but I'm happy to finally get off my proverbial backside and am looking forward to the job ahead of me! Thank you for taking the time to read this message, & I hope to hear from many of you with ideas & recipes.

      I can be contacted at:

      jlmatterer AT yahoo DOT com
      jmatterer AT godecookery DOT com

      Thank you once again,