4565Re: [Apicius] Apicius 6.8.1

  • Samia al-Kaslaania
    Dec 7, 2008
      Asofoetida is Latin for "putrid garlic" . :) That is the name of the
      spice though, I've bought it at a grocery co-op in Minneapolis. There is
      nothing else like it. It's almost garlic, but not quite fennel and quite
      pungent. The cat who inspects everything ran away from it.

      You should be able to order some from an online resource. It's still
      used in Indian cuisine today.

      Samia

      Castus Valerius wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I recently bought a copy of "Cooking Apicius" and am making one of the
      > recipies out of it for a cooking competition where the required
      > ingredient is Asafoetida.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic