4330Re: lovage seed

  • mz_nite_gardener
    Sep 11, 2007
      CAthy,

      Thanks for offering to ship Lovage seed to the US. Unfortunately,
      USDA rules on plant/seed importation preclude me from taking you up
      on your offer.

      The good news is, I found a US company online that carries them!

      http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm

      FYI: Here are the USDA rules in brief for importing non-commercial
      plants and seeds:

      Seeds can be imported after a USDA application is filed for the free
      permit. There is much paperwork, along with special shipping
      guidelines for both parties to read and complete, prior to
      exportation. The seeds must then be shipped to one of the USDA
      Inspection Points (the closest to me is San Francisco!) before they
      can be released into the US.

      : [Apicius] lovage seed

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I have all my lovage seed harvested now so who wants it? Send me
      full
      > > names
      > > and addresses. Incidently what is the legal situation? re USA.
      How could