3889Re: [Apicius] Re: Oleander

    Dec 1, 2006
      Probably the drought tolerance had something to do with it. A bush in
      a public garden that does not require water in the summer months has
      its advantages. Another plant widely used was the ricino, ricinus
      communis, quite beautiful but even more poisonous.
      Buzzy honey, eh? Those monks! The honey must have been quite safe,
      except for the hangover. I wonder....Can we see if the villas that
      had Oleanders in the gardens had also beehives and mead equipment?

      Lucia