Re: [Antirculinary] Anglo-Saxon sources?

  • Patrick Cauldwell
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1699207.Food_and_Drink_in_Anglo_Saxon_England

      This is the other one I have.  I quite liked it.

      Ref

      On 9/30/2010 2:29 PM, The Henson's wrote:

      Thanks Ref.

      Rycheza

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
        Thanks Ref

        I may have seen this one and if it is the same it is quite nice. I think
        it had a photo of actual period bread from an archaeological dig.

        If it is the same, it too came to me through the interlibrary loan in
        mistake for the Ann Hagen book. My local librarian had the good sense
        to give me a call to see if I wanted it anyway. Yeah Librarians.

        Rycheza

        > http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1699207.Food_and_Drink_in_Anglo_Saxon_England
        >
        > This is the other one I have. I quite liked it.
        >
        > Ref
        >
        > On 9/30/2010 2:29 PM, The Henson's wrote:
        >>

        >> Thanks Ref.
        >>
        >> Rycheza
        >>
        >> Patrick Cauldwell wrote:
        >> >

        >> > I have a couple more at home. I will try to remember to send you
        >> > references.
        >> >
        >> > Ref
        >> >
        >> > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:50 AM, The Henson's <mhenson@...
        >> <mailto:mhenson%40telebyte.com>
        >> > <mailto:mhenson@... <mailto:mhenson%40telebyte.com>>> wrote:
        >> >

        >> > Our soon to be new Baron and Baroness are using an early Anglo-Saxon
        >> > theme for their tenure. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some
        >> > sources for that period. I already have Mary Savelli's book Tastes of
        >> > Anglo-Saxon England and have seen Ann Hagen's book through the
        >> > interlibrary loan. Any other suggestions?
        >> >
        >> > Thanks
        >> >
        >> > Rycheza

      • David Walddon
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
          Re: [Antirculinary] Anglo-Saxon sources? You might check the index for articles in the Oxford Symposium Papers and PPC.
          I think google scholar might also be a good place.
          There is limited resources in this area of study.
          Also what does the bibliography of the Hagen book say?
          Might be a good place to start.
          Eduardo