Re: [Antir_culinary] FW: [12thcentury foods] 12th century recipes from Durham Prior y

  • jillwheezul
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
      I just wrote the professor and asked for publication details since I am
      working on 12th century stuff. I'm not on SCACooks any longer, but I did
      tell the professor I wanted to spread the word about possible publication
      and possible web video so historical foodies everywhere could tune in. If
      someone wanted to share this with SCA cooks, it would be nice.

      Dear Katherine,

      Thanks you very much indeed for your message, and we're pretty excited by
      the news as well. We are planning to publish a cookbook based on the
      recipes, hopefully within the calendar year, and a scholarly paper on the
      manuscript context. The event will be covered, I hope, in the BBC History
      Magazine. I will try and arrange for video as well - I'm sure the media
      department can rustle something up.

      All best wishes,

      Giles Gasper

      Katherine

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
        Please keep us updated on this Katerine. I am sure many will be
        interested.

        Rycheza