Re: [Antir_culinary] Historical culinary and dining classes at Kingdom events?

  • David Walddon
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
      I WOULD SO LOVE to do your waffle class.
      I was teaching when you were at the Culinary Symposium (plus the Gluten Free issues) but I really want to take it.
      Please let me know when you are doing it again.
      Eduardo
      __________________________________

      David Walddon
      360-402-6135 Cell

      On Apr 8, 2013, at 2:36 PM, <wheezul@...> wrote:

      I can heartily recommend Sunday morning breakfast classes. Lots of bacon
      and quiche-like tarts and you are in business, especially with the crowd
      that hasn't been up until 2:00 carousing. I taught a waffle class this way
      and it was quite successful. Oh, I'd imagine coffee would need to be
      on-hand too.

      Another idea is to go with the potluck contribution eric parties at
      events. You could publish recipes and ask that people make their
      adaptation to bring, while the event hosts provided something substantial.

      Katrine

      On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:29:20 -0700, Sara Urdahl <julillasempronia@...>
      wrote:
      > Of course, this idea, like all of your ideas, is wonderful.
      > Julia Semproniajulillasempronia@... [1]
      > On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Raphaella DiContini wrote:
      >
      > Greetings, At this year's West Coast Culinary Symposium I had some
      > exciting and interesting conversations, including some brain storming
      > about various ideas. One of the ideas that came out of the Sunday
      > conversation was whether it might be possible for us to organize and
      > encourage classes at Kingdom level events in An Tir across the calendar
      > to help spread the foodie joy to others who may or may not nessisarily
      > come to a more focused culinary event like WCCS. What do you think?
      Is
      > there a class you would like to take, or a class that you feel you have
      > the research to teach? I would love if we could have a series of options
      > and offer classes whenever there is an opportunity- and spread the joy
      of
      > foodie knowledge. In joyous service,
      > Raffaella

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
        Another thought along the line of tasty breakfast demos ... I've often considered, but not yet done ... slightly post period hot chocolate and any of the various churro like sweet fried dough thingies in the late period Spanish culinary texts. Once people get that period food is yummy, they become much more interested :-)

        Juana Isabella