Re: [Antir_culinary] Pre-17th Century Boucan...

  • Johnna Holloway
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      I don't believe it's available for free as an ebook but can't they interlibrary loan in a copy for you?
      Did you ask? You might have to pay for postage but that would still place a copy in your hands.
      I know if you walked into my library and had asked about it, I could locate and loan in a copy for you.

      Otherwise Amazon offers it for
      Paperback $19.35
      which is not that much. You can examine it for free at

      Johnnae
      who holds an MSLIS and was a County Librarian

      On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Jean Colbert wrote:

      I have checked the Timberland Regional Library, and they do not have a copy.  I have checked online for free e-book/pdf formats, but have not found any.  I can not afford to buy a copy, so if anyone has an e-book/pdf I can borrow, I would be greatly appreciative.
         YIS,
            Lord Jean-Pierre Colbert le Chasseur de Lorraine

      Have you already looked at the suggested book

      Warnes, Andrew. Savage Barbecue: Race, Culture, and the Invention of America's First Food. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2008. ?

      Johnnae llyn Lewis.