Re: [Antir_culinary] Pre-17th Century Boucan...

  • Zachary Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
      Are you looking for sources specifically related to the Arawak process, or any and all <1600 BBQ-like techniques. I've got little or nothing on the native American tradition, but I have done some successful digging on early (arguably) European BBQ.
      Edmund Graham
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
        I am looking for any and all pre-1600's, especially early 1500's.  My persona is an early 1500s French Privateer, about a century and a half too early for the Boucanierre's time period, but I am interested in the time period that leads up to them.
           YIS,
             Lord Jean-Pierre Colbert le Chasseur de Lorraine

        Acting Branch Herald for the Village of Waldhafn
        Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal
        Rapier Junior Marshal
        Thrown Weapons Junior Marshal
        Member of the Order of the Crystal of the Barony of Glymm Mere
        Member of the Beevarian Guard of the Barony of Glymm Mere
        Tout autour du gentil type

        http://www.facebook.com/blaine.hebert
        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149139248430504

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
                I don't believe it's available for free as an ebook but can't they interlibrary loan in a copy for you?
                Did you ask? You might have to pay for postage but that would still place a copy in your hands.
                I know if you walked into my library and had asked about it, I could locate and loan in a copy for you.

                Otherwise Amazon offers it for
                Paperback $19.35
                which is not that much. You can examine it for free at

                Johnnae
                who holds an MSLIS and was a County Librarian

                On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Jean Colbert wrote:

                I have checked the Timberland Regional Library, and they do not have a copy.  I have checked online for free e-book/pdf formats, but have not found any.  I can not afford to buy a copy, so if anyone has an e-book/pdf I can borrow, I would be greatly appreciative.
                   YIS,
                      Lord Jean-Pierre Colbert le Chasseur de Lorraine

                Have you already looked at the suggested book

                Warnes, Andrew. Savage Barbecue: Race, Culture, and the Invention of America's First Food. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2008. ?

                Johnnae llyn Lewis.