Fête de L'Amour...

  • Jean Colbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013
      The Barony of Glymm Mere cordially invites you to a day of celebrating the force that makes the world go round.   Fête de L'Amour, is a feast of love, with workshops, food, and dancing, all revolving around that wondrous emotion known as love.  It does not matter if you are an expert or a novice on the subject, you will find something exciting at Fête de L'Amour.

      We will start out the day with workshops on mask making and dancing for the Ball to follow, favors and period valentine creation, Cloved Fruit making, and even an SCA 101 class for those new to the SCA.  We will provide some basic fruit, apples and lemons, for  the Cloved fruit making, if you would like to make something different, please bring your choice of fruit.

      Next will follow a feast, featuring many foods and dishes that are specially crafted to inspire love.   While you enjoy your feast, you will be entertained by the many talented bards and minstrels of our kingdom, as they vie for the prize of our Romantic Bardic competition.  Then sit back and prepare to laugh as would be suitors compete to win our Cheesiest Period Pick-Up Line contest.

      Coffee and tea will be provided.  Please bring your own feast gear and beverages.

      After the feast we will have a dessert auction with the profits going to our Baronial New Regalia Trailer Fund.  All donations of desserts are appreciated.

      Then we shall round out the night with a rousing masked ball.

      Fête de L'Amour will be held on Saturday, February 9th, 2013.  Hosted by The Barony of Glymm Mere at the Grange Hall in Elma, Grays Harbor County, Washington.  Site Opens Noon, and Closes at 9:30 PM.
      Site Fee: $10.00 adult (17+), $5.00 children 16 and under, 6 and under Free, $30.00 Family Cap, $5.00 Feast fee, $5.00 Non-Member Service Charge Applicable

      Fête de L'Amour Pre-Registration is now closed, but fear not if you have not gotten your Pre-registration in yet, we will be accepting payment at the gate.  Also if you plan to attend, please go to https://www.facebook.com/events/462247997144482/?ref=2 and RSVP with your choice of Main Course; Beef, Chicken, or Vegan, and any food allergies.

      Event Steward: Captain Amaya Shimu/Heather Demore: village_of_waldhafn@...
      Co-Event Steward and Feast Steward:  Lord Jean-Pierre Colbert/Blaine Hebert: hljpcolbert@...

      Site Information:
      Elma Grange Hall
      401 W Waldrip St, Elma, WA 98541
      This is a Dry Site.
      Wheelchair Accessible.
      Smoking in Designated areas only, and please use the butt cans.

      Driving Directions from I-5 Southbound:
      From I-5 S  merge onto US-101 N via EXIT 104 toward Aberdeen/Port Angeles for 5.9 miles.  Take WA-8 W toward Montesano/Aberdeen for 21.0 miles.  WA-8 W becomes US-12 W for 0.3 miles.  Take the ramp toward 3rd Street/Satsop Development Park/Airport for 0.2 miles.  Turn right onto S 3rd St for 0.1 miles.  Take the 2nd left onto W Waldrip St for 0.06 miles.  W Waldrip St is just past W Eaton St.  Sterling Savings Bank is on the corner.  If you reach W Main St you've gone a little too far.  401 W WALDRIP ST is on the left.  If you reach S 5th St you've gone a little too far.

      Driving Directions from I-5 Southbound:
      From  I-5 N/US-12 W toward Seattle. Take EXIT 88 toward Tenino/Rochester/Oakville for 0.4 miles.  Turn left onto Old Hwy 99 SW for 0.01 miles.  Stay straight to go onto US-12 for 25.4 miles.  Merge onto US-12 W via the ramp on the left toward Montesano/Aberdeen for 0.6 miles.  If you reach Marilyn Ln you've gone about 0.1 miles too far.  Take the ramp toward 3rd Street/Satsop Development Park/Airport for 0.2 miles.  Turn right onto S 3rd St for 0.1 miles.  Take the 2nd left onto W Waldrip St.
      W Waldrip St is just past W Eaton St for 0.06 miles.  Sterling Savings Bank is on the corner.  If you reach W Main St you've gone a little too far.  401 W WALDRIP ST is on the left.  If you reach S 5th St you've gone a little too far
          YIS,
            Lord Jean-Pierre Colbert le Chasseur de Lorraine

      Acting Branch Herald for the Village of Waldhafn
      Youth Armored Combat Senior Marshal
      Rapier Junior Marshal
      Thrown Weapons Junior Marshal
      Member of the Order of the Crystal of the Barony of Glymm Mere
      Member of the Beevarian Guard of the Barony of Glymm Mere
      Tout autour du gentil type

      http://www.facebook.com/blaine.hebert
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=149139248430504