Re: [Antir_culinary] Baby steps towards total historical immersion event (like PPF) in AnTir

  • Kathy Grassley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2013
      I am VERY interested in this project. I am a "noob" in SCA and have chosen a German (Bavarian) persona. My intention is to do as total immersion in my persona as possible and am presently looking for anything at all about the "life & times" of early 16th Century Bavarian gentry ... women's lives particularly.
      I am in Beaverton (Dragon's Mist), OR. I am on Social Security so $$ is an issue so I am trying to do it "on the cheap" while being as accurate to period as possible. I can't travel very far very often and, as I'd probably be sleeping in my van or a tent, it would be best if the weather were a bit warmer than now. ;)
      My daughter-in-law and I are trying to start a costume business and I will be concentrating my part on historically correct garb if that is of any consequence to the project. I have done wood carving, bronze casting, oil painting, sculpting as well as the usual domestic arts so I have a very versatile skill set to pull from when it comes to helping with the project.
      My SCA name (pending) is Ayla Tröstalltin.
      If I can be of any help let me know (& if you have info you think will help me flesh out my persona don't be afraid to pass that along too.
      In service,
      Kathy Grassley aka Ayla Tröstalltin