Re: Recipe of the Week, Nov 1st, 2012

  • johnnaellynlewis
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
      One often overlooked source for mushroom recipes in translation appears here. It's not indexed in medievalcookery.com, but it deserves wider acclaim, so I'll mention it:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/23GermanMushroomRecipes.html

      Twenty-three German Mushroom Recipes
      Translated by Anahita
      now known as Urtatim (err-tah-TEEM)

      Johnnae

      --- In Antir_culinary@yahoogroups.com, "The Henson's" <mhenson@...> wrote:

      > Why did the mushroom always get invited to the party? Because he was
      > such a fungi!
      >
      > Okay, bad jokes aside the mushroom has a long history in gastronomy. snipped
      > Good Cooking
      > Rycheza

    • Mandy
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
        There are loads of great sources beyond medieval cookery, though the site is a pretty darn good leaping point... and yeah, a lot of translating (mostly still on groups I think?) was done on this book... by that I mean an incredible amount!

        Mandy
        (SCA: Mergriet)

        --- In Antir_culinary@yahoogroups.com, "johnnaellynlewis" <johnnae@...> wrote:

        > One often overlooked source for mushroom recipes in translation appears here. It's not indexed in medievalcookery.com, but it deserves wider acclaim, so I'll mention it:
        >
        > http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/23GermanMushroomRecipes.html
        >
        > Twenty-three German Mushroom Recipes
        > Translated by Anahita
        > now known as Urtatim (err-tah-TEEM)
        >
        > Johnnae
      • Johnna Holloway
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012

          The now complete, copyrighted version of her English translation of Ein New Kochbuch is in the file section of that list. It's been done in parts, so it's not

          in one complete file. Cooking Rumpolt not a public list, so you will need to ask and be approved to join.

          Ranvaig/Sharon Palmer was the first to get at least a rough  translation done of the massive book. Took her four plus years. Mistress Gwencat managed to put up several sections on her website earlier and you can see her work here:  http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_Rumpolt1.htm

          Johnnae

          On Nov 11, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Mandy wrote:

          There are loads of great sources beyond medieval cookery, though the site is a pretty darn good leaping point... and yeah, a lot of translating (mostly still on groups I think?) was done on this book... by that I mean an incredible amount!

          Mandy
          (SCA: Mergriet)

          --- In Antir_culinary@yahoogroups.com, "johnnaellynlewis" <johnnae@...> wrote:

          > One often overlooked source for mushroom recipes in translation appears here. It's not indexed in medievalcookery.com, but it deserves wider acclaim, so I'll mention it:
          >
          > http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/23GermanMushroomRecipes.html
          >
          > Twenty-three German Mushroom Recipes
          > Translated by Anahita
          > now known as Urtatim (err-tah-TEEM)
          >
          > Johnnae
          _._,___

        • Mandy
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2012
            Thank you for the detail... am amazing amount of work, followed it a bit a goodly while back but then life happened and felt bad that I couldn't remember enough details to drag up the group info

            Mandy
            (Mergriet)