Recipe of the Week Nov 8th, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012
      Here in An Tir we are blessed with plenty of wild sources, but it is
      always best to only gather wild mushrooms with a trained mycologist (or
      get your ownself trained up.) as some highly toxic varieties are almost
      identical to desirable and tasty species. (I know there is a
      Mycological Society in Kitsap County and I imagine there is one near you
      as well. They often have shows and sponsor classes or at least you might
      find a mushrooming buddy.)

      The Menagier de Paris (Translator Janet Hinson) gives us some advice on
      picking mushrooms along with a few suggestions for cooking them.

      MUSHROOMS of one night are the best, and are small and red inside,
      closed above: and they should be peeled, then wash in hot water and
      parboil; if you wish to put them in pastry, add oil, cheese and powdered
      spices.

      Item, put them between two dishes over the coals, and add a little salt,
      cheese and powdered spices. You can find them at the end of May a

      Good Cooking