Re: Culinary Symposium needs you!

  • Patrick Cauldwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
      That's March 29-31, to be specific.

      On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Patrick Cauldwell <patrick.cauldwell@...> wrote:
      Dragon's Mist will once again be hosting the West Coast Culinary Symposium next March, at Camp Namanu in Sandy, OR.  While Dragon's Mist will be taking on the logistics, we need your help for everything else!

      We still have plenty of spots open for teachers.  It doesn't have to be a graduate thesis to be worthwhile and interesting to your fellow foodies.  If you have a class you have been working on, or even one you are thinking about, consider teaching at the Symposium!  It's a great and enthusiastic audience, and we want to hear what you have to say!  If you have an class, or an idea for one, please contact our Class Coordinator Raphaella DiContini (raphaellad@...).  There are some very nice facilities for lecture, outdoor cooking, indoor cooking, etc. for your classes.

      We also need papers!  We are looking for short (20 minutes or so) presentations which may or may not accompany a formal paper.  The theme this year is "Food and Material Culture".  This includes any way in which food and material culture intersect.  Cooking vessels, eating ware, smoke houses, grain milling, pretty much anything food related that left artifacts.  If you have a topic for submission or want to discuss an idea, please contact me at ref@....

      But wait, there's more!  We also need eaters!  You don't have to be a cook to be interested in food!  Come learn about period cooking, and partake of food in hands on classes at at mealtimes.  We will also need plenty of help in the kitchen and about the site in general if you would like to volunteer.

      Also, as a final note, we need at least 35 people to preregister for this event by December 1, or we will have to cancel it.  If you know you are going, please preregister as soon as you can.  At last count we were about half way there.

      Thank you, and I hope to see you there!

      Refr orðlokarr Fiachson
      Baron of Dragon's Mist

      --
      Patrick Cauldwell, KE7PDC
      patrick@...

      --
      Patrick Cauldwell, KE7PDC
      patrick@...
      http://www.cauldwell.net/patrick/blog

    • Marjan English
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
        Greetings,

        I would love to come to this, but Oregon is just a little to far to travel at that time of year.

        Best of luck and I hope it will be closer next time.

        Myrrim

        To: DMcooks@yahoogroups.com; antir_culinary@yahoogroups.com; dragonsheart@yahoogroups.com; 3mountains@yahoogroups.com; TerraPomaria@yahoogroups.com; The_Stream@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2012

          Greetings to the list!

          You are all invited to come to the Canton of Bearwood's

          Pre-hibernation Feast.  Please see the attached copy for

          details.  If there are food allergies, please let our reservations

          guru know.  We look forward to seeing you there, and know

          that there will be great food waiting.

          YIS, Kathryn
          Greetings