Sept Crown A&S Question

  • Alan Andrist
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010

      My grain quern is still packed from the last event. So instead of unloading it now it would be wise to ask if it would useful as part of A&S or a in a ‘Foodie Haven’ event at Crown. Besides barley for early period baking I also have spelt & soft white wheat for Medieval & Renaissance breads and modern hard red wheat. This would be an opportunity for people who have not attended western regional Ithras to use the quern.

      Please let me know if there will be space for the equipment on levelish ground.

      Thanks – Alanus

    • Raphaella DiContini
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        I don't know what the ground will be like, but I'm sure you and your quern will be welcome. Is there a specific amount of space your wanting, or were you interested in potentially sharing space? How much space would you need? I've cc'd the A&S village coordinator, Isebel, to give her a head's up.

        Do any of the the other foodies who will be displaying/ demoing have some space they could share for some fabulous grain grinding action? I know Alanus it usually more than happy to share the resulting flour.

        In joyous service,
        Raffaella

        My grain quern is still packed from the last event. So instead of unloading it now it would be wise to ask if it would useful as part of A&S or a in a ‘Foodie Haven’ event at Crown. Besides barley for early period baking I also have spelt & soft white wheat for Medieval & Renaissance breads and modern hard red wheat. This would be an opportunity for people who have not attended western regional Ithras to use the quern.

        Please let me know if there will be space for the equipment on levelish ground.

        Thanks – Alanus

      • Patrick Cauldwell

          --
          Patrick Cauldwell, KE7PDC
          patrick@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
            As Raffaella said I cannot speak to the pitch of the ground. We have a
            10 x 12 area set aside for us. I am bringing the Dl Baronial brazier and
            one of our tables. You, and others are welcome to what ever is available.

            Rycheza

            Alan Andrist wrote:

            > My grain quern is still packed from the last event. So instead of
            > unloading it now it would be wise to ask if it would useful as part of
            > A&S or a in a ‘Foodie Haven’ event at Crown. Besides barley for early
            > period baking I also have spelt & soft white wheat for Medieval &
            > Renaissance breads and modern hard red wheat. This would be an
            > opportunity for people who have not attended western regional Ithras to
            > use the quern.
            >

            > Please let me know if there will be space for the equipment on levelish
            > ground.
            >

            > Thanks – Alanus

          • Alan Andrist
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010

              Thanks Ref – I’ll bring the stones and we can see what happens from there

              -- Alanus