Good morning! Finally, I am in! You may regret this!

  • Renart the Fox
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25 1:39 PM
      First post to this list will focus on the AnTir Kingdom Feast & Bardic being held in Ocean Shores, WA - November 1-3, 2013

      Here is the initial listing of the menu, it is pretty much set, with minor tweaking a possibility.

      here goes.

      We are currently looking for those wanting to head up a certain time frame during the day, these lucky people will need to acquire their team, their skullery, etc. There is still lots of planning, we are just getting started.

      "Spanning Europe through the Middle Ages"

      8 AM – 9 AM (8th to 9th centuries) Anglo-Saxon

      Eggs in the Shell - Brown Bread - Butter - Soft Cheeses - Coffee

      Breadkfast Beer - Gruel / Porridge

      10 AM – 11 AM (10th - 11th centuries) Northern Europe

      Wheat Bread - Raw misc. Vegetables - Savory Pastry Pie - Mustards - Salami

      Apples/Pears Variety of Mushroom Preparations - Sausage

      12 PM – 1 PM (12th - 13th centuries) Mediterranean

      Salad - Breads (some lighter grains) - Dried Fish - Kefta - Dates Rice dish

      Asst. Fresh/Dried Fruits (apples,persimmon, apricot, grapes, pomegranate, oranges) - Imam Fainted (stuffed eggplant)
      Area specific beverage

      2 PM (14th century) Eastern Europe

      Roast Chicken - Roast (Red Meat) - Hard Rolls - dressing/stuffing - creamed root dish - braised leeks

      5 PM (15th century) Western Europe (very light meal, since we have been eating all day)

      Hard Rolls - Parsnip/Almond Soup - Quiche Assortment - Sorbet

      7 PM (Dessert Course) - - - yet to be announced.

      Their is a web-board for the event-team here:

      http://westregfeast.foxdog.org/board/index.php
    • Raphaella DiContini
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25 1:56 PM
        Could you pretty please cite the sources these are gleaned from? Since we're working on this long distance that might help people decide which course / dish they would like to take on, let us get started exprimenting and also delight those of us who find the research to be a big part of the fun!

        For the menu items that are more specific (e.g.  Imam Fainted/ stuffed eggplant or Parsnip/Almond Soup) could you post, or point us to the original text?

        Is there any interest in having work parties for some of the pre-prep, like sausage making, cheese making, brewing, mustard/ sauce making, syrup concentrate making, sugar plate subtelties for the final course, etc. That sounds like tons of fun to me!

        This sounds like a good start!

        In joyous service,
        Raffaella

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Antir_culinary-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Antir_culinary-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Renart
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2014
          A sunny spring day to you all!

          If you are interested in being part of the team working on the Kingdom
          Feast 2015, please send me a msg and I will send you an invite to the
          yahoogroup list so you can get involved.

          It's going to be fantastic!

          Renart

          (renart (AT) centurytel (DOT) net)
        • Jeanne Wood
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2014
            Hi Renart,
            I am interested in being part of the team. Although mostly interested in the pottery as I live so far away from where most of the action will take place.
            Thanks,
            Morgaina
            p.s. if possible could you use my pottery@... email. I check that much more often.