Local Guilds

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
      So who's got a local Culinary - spiritmakers - or other food related guild?

      RzP
    • Raffaella
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
        I know Aquaterra and Dragon's Lair does, but I'm honestly not sure on any other groups. I knwo there are also some herbal guilds out there which may be either culinary or medicinal in nature.

        This also brings up another great topic that had been mentioned as well- how can a Kingdom Guild serve and benefit the local culinary guilds? I think this needs to be considered and worked into the guild structure as the Kingdom Guild shouldn't be seen as an overlord, more as providing a wider platform for visibility. So let's discuss how the local guilds may be best served by a kingdom guild. My ideas run along the lines of providing space and opportunity at Kingdom level events (or any event where there's interest) for any and all local guilds to have demos, displays, classes, or pamphlets for sale as a way to increase visibility for both the culinary arts and general and the local guilds that most of the populace would be most active with regularly.

        This will also help cross-polinate all of the local guilds and help make all of the wonderful research and work in this feild more visible and available to a broader audience. :)

        What are all your ideas? I know Rykeza has some great ideas and plans on this subject too!

        In joyous service,
        Raffaella

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
          Dragons' Laire also has an herbal guild which is focused a bit more
          towards the medicinal/gardening but they are sharing space with the
          Culinary guild in a pea patch garden.

          I think a market place option is a very good idea. We have two booklets
          in print, and a third in process. Madrone has a shelf full of
          publications and I sometimes see booklets of feast recipes or other
          collections offered in other branches. A system to provide a sales
          outlet for these outside the home branch would be a service, raising
          both awareness of local groups and funds for said groups. We are
          fortunate in that we have Junefaire to hock our cookbooks to a large
          audience but many branches do not have events of that scope. This was
          something I was going to propose for the Culinary Symposium, BTW.

          RzP, DL