Re: [Antir_culinary] Anyone working on any special projects?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      Matt's back has continued to be a problem and at this point we are not
      planning on making it to Crown, but I do hope some of you can get
      together. Is anyone planning on doing anything for the A&S area for
      display?

      Sorry to miss out.

      Rycheza

      On 8/31/2011 9:19 AM, raphaellad wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I've been rather swamped lately with family emergencies and work lately so my on going projects have lurched to a stand still.
      >
      > I'm still working on interpreting every recipe in Libro di cucina/ Libro per cuoco (14th/15th c.) (Anonimo Veneziano) http://www.medievalcookery.com/helewyse/libro.html#LXIX and I'm close to being done with a spreadsheet of all the ingredients so you can see how many times a specific meat, herb, vegetable, spice or other ingredient was called for as opposed to others to help get an idea of the flavor palette.
      >
      > If anyone else will be at September Crown, I'd love to informally meet up and chat. I will be camped with Eduardo near the Royals.
      >
      > In joyous service,
      > Raffaella

    • Mandy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
        Presently still out visiting friends and family in the East Kingdom, sadly that doesn't leave any funds (or time in this case as well) for events beyond our groups yearly event...

        however, am still muddling along with creating 50 meals for A&S 50, presently mostly webbed on FB (50 meals before 1600)... will be plopped up on a webpage later. Last meal, not webbed yet, even included murri (but the quicky version... found that letting it ferment a touch did give a bit of a miso flavour, esp. wheat types).

        Am also in the midst of rounding up my research and experience into a book on medieval/renaissance era pastry. Even threw together an impromptu class on very basic period English pastry that a silly friend of mine recorded... it as not the best and I wasn't prepared (I think she was prompting me to prepare a better/more informative one lol)
        this is 3 of 3, not sure of the links to the others but they are there:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWtEPedBRA&feature=related
        (and yes, I am a bit embarrassed... not at my best lol, didn't even have proper 'garb' on)

        Mandy
        (SCA: Griet/Mergriet)