Antir sausagefest 2010! Dates and locations?

  • Raphaella DiContini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2010

           This is a follow up on what is hopefully just the start of more cross pollination  foodie play dates we’re hoping to get going in An Tir, this one focused on sausage making.

      Just a quick message to all the culinary related, and local lists before this discussion is taken to the AnTirCulinary group so we’re not taking up space here (unless you’d like us to continue posting here as well) just say so. You can find the AnTir Culinary group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Antirculinary/?yguid=41582311 where we’ll also be discussing plans and ideas for potentially getting the Kingdom Culinary Guild re-activated.

      While were still in the fevered pitch of the eventing season, it may not be a bad idea to start looking at dates now as calendars tend to get filled up quickly all year round.  The next two months are going to be packed with events of all shape and size and we won’t be able to find a date where there isn’t something going on somewhere, but we’d like to make this as open and available to whomever is interested as possible. What dates are most important to those interested that we not conflict with?

      I’ve offered my home in Tacoma , WA just off of I5, and Shadra has offered her home in West Seattle . Please let us know your thoughts on potential dates and locations, and if you have equipment or recipes you’d like to bring along. With advanced planning more exotic meats can be procured for this as well, including things like wild boar, venison, or even eel.

      In joyous service,

      Raffaella

      Greetings!

    • Jeanne Wood
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2010
        If you want to be traditional about the sausage fest avoid late September and October. There are some small German towns around here that make wonderful old world sausage. But they don't sell it in Sept-Oct because those are slaughter months and they haven't started on the sausage yet.
        -Morgaina

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2010
          If it could wait until Nov - Aethelred & I might have some extra meat varieties to donate to the cause. My hunt dates are not specified yet - whenever the elk are down from the mountains (Sept/Oct).

          Also, we're in Redmond a couple miles off the end of Hwy 520, not in West Seattle as suggested.

          Shadhra

          --- In Antirculinary@yahoogroups.com, Raphaella DiContini <raphaellad@...> wrote:
          Greetings!

          >      This is a follow up on what is hopefully just the start of more cross pollination  foodie play dates we’re hoping to get going in An Tir, this one focused on sausage making.
          >
          > Just a quick message to all the culinary related, and local lists before this discussion is taken to the AnTirCulinary group so we’re not taking up space here (unless you’d like us to continue posting here as well) just say so. You can find the AnTir Culinary group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Antirculinary/?yguid=41582311 where we’ll also be discussing plans and ideas for potentially getting the Kingdom Culinary Guild re-activated.
          >
          > While were still in the fevered pitch of the eventing season, it may not be a bad idea to start looking at dates now as calendars tend to get filled up quickly all year round.  The next two months are going to be packed with events of all shape and size and we won’t be able to find a date where there isn’t something going on somewhere, but we’d like to make this as open and available to whomever is interested as possible. What dates are most important to those interested that we not conflict with?
          >
          > I’ve offered my home in Tacoma , WA just off of I5, and Shadra has offered her home in West Seattle . Please let us know your thoughts on potential dates and locations, and if you have equipment or recipes you’d like to bring along. With advanced planning more exotic meats can be procured for this as well, including things like wild boar, venison, or even eel.
          >
          > In joyous service,
          > Raffaella

        • Raphaella DiContini
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 26, 2010
            That's definately a good possibility, as that would put us past the tourney season, and potentially into traditional slaughtering season for a variety of animals. It's always nice to work seasonally whenever possible. :)

            Sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure where I got the idea from that you are located in West Seattle, but either one sounds fine to me. It may depend on both where the interested parties will be coming from, and what's more central and has the most optimal space for the numbers we get.

            We definately shouldn't plan around my schedule, but by then I should have given birth, and depending on whether we're in the first half of the month I may still be on maternity leave.

            In joyous service,
            Raffaella

            If it could wait until Nov - Aethelred & I might have some extra meat varieties to donate to the cause.  My hunt dates are not specified yet - whenever the elk are down from the mountains (Sept/Oct).

            Also, we're in Redmond a couple miles off the end of Hwy 520, not in West Seattle as suggested.

            Shadhra

            --- In Antirculinary@yahoogroups.com, Raphaella DiContini <raphaellad@...> wrote:
            Greetings!

            >      This is a follow up on what is hopefully just the start of more cross pollination  foodie play dates we’re hoping to get going in An Tir, this one focused on sausage making.
            >
            > Just a quick message to all the culinary related, and local lists before this discussion is taken to the AnTirCulinary group so we’re not taking up space here (unless you’d like us to continue posting here as well) just say so. You can find the AnTir Culinary group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Antirculinary/?yguid=41582311 where we’ll also be discussing plans and ideas for potentially getting the Kingdom Culinary Guild re-activated.
            >
            > While were still in the fevered pitch of the eventing season, it may not be a bad idea to start looking at dates now as calendars tend to get filled up quickly all year round.  The next two months are going to be packed with events of all shape and size and we won’t be able to find a date where there isn’t something going on somewhere, but we’d like to make this as open and available to whomever is interested as possible. What dates are most important to those interested that we not conflict with?
            >
            > I’ve offered my home in Tacoma , WA just off of I5, and Shadra has offered her home in West Seattle . Please let us know your thoughts on potential dates and locations, and if you have equipment or recipes you’d like to bring along. With advanced planning more exotic meats can be procured for this as well, including things like wild boar, venison, or even eel.
            >
            > In joyous service,
            > Raffaella

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional