Recipe of the week/

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      Sorry to have fallen behind on the recipe of the week. November is
      always a crazy month for me and a I am now chronicler at DL the first
      Thursday of the month is the business meeting.

      Since I am behind we will have tow recipes today.

      Recipe of The Week Dec 2010

      And on to sunny Italy for December.

      Our recipes this month come from the Anomino Veneziano, A 15th century
      manuscript from Venice. (I do hope Raphaella will leap in here. It is,
      I believe, a favorite of hers. And I know she can expound at length on it.)

      Our English Translation comes from the hand of Helewyse de Birkestad, OL
      (MKA Louise Smithson) The Italian Transcription of Ludovico Frati,
      circa 1899 is available on Thomas Gloning’s site.

      XXII Sprouts of life/health
      If you want to make sprouts of life, take the rounded cabbage sprouts
      and boil them for a little while. When they are a par-boiled take them
      off the heat and strain away all the water. And then fry them well in
      plenty of fat. Take verjuice, parsley, water, spices and salt and mix
      them well together before putting them on top (of the sprouts), and let
      them boil well together. Then take a little marjoram, temper it with
      water and put it above (the dish) and it will be good.

      XCVII. Fantastic crayfish or lobster tart
      Take boiled crayfish and pull the flesh from the tails, and take a
      quantity of good herbs, and chop all well together and put with them
      almond milk, fine spices and currants. And of this batter make a thin
      tart between two crusts, and above the filling should be potent with
      sweet spices and currants, and the crust should be good and yellow.

      Have fun and good cooking

      RzP