689Re: [Antir_culinary] Rumpolt was Recipe of the Week, Nov 1st, 2012

  • Johnna Holloway
    Nov 12, 2012

      The now complete, copyrighted version of her English translation of Ein New Kochbuch is in the file section of that list. It's been done in parts, so it's not

      in one complete file. Cooking Rumpolt not a public list, so you will need to ask and be approved to join.

      Ranvaig/Sharon Palmer was the first to get at least a rough  translation done of the massive book. Took her four plus years. Mistress Gwencat managed to put up several sections on her website earlier and you can see her work here:  http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_Rumpolt1.htm

      Johnnae

      On Nov 11, 2012, at 11:49 PM, Mandy wrote:

      There are loads of great sources beyond medieval cookery, though the site is a pretty darn good leaping point... and yeah, a lot of translating (mostly still on groups I think?) was done on this book... by that I mean an incredible amount!

      Mandy
      (SCA: Mergriet)

      --- In Antir_culinary@yahoogroups.com, "johnnaellynlewis" <johnnae@...> wrote:

      > One often overlooked source for mushroom recipes in translation appears here. It's not indexed in medievalcookery.com, but it deserves wider acclaim, so I'll mention it:
      >
      > http://home.earthlink.net/~al-tabbakhah/misc/23GermanMushroomRecipes.html
      >
      > Twenty-three German Mushroom Recipes
      > Translated by Anahita
      > now known as Urtatim (err-tah-TEEM)