DKNY: Animals Skinned Alive are 'Just Purses and Accessories' / Jossip#more-19697

  • Planeta Animal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008

      This is unbelievable...This Ms. Cruella has a bottomless pit of cynicism and cruelty!

      CLICK TO LEAVE COMMENTS:

      http://www.jossip.com/to-donna-karan-cute-animals-skinned-alive-are-just-purses-and-accessories-20080208/#more-19697

      To Donna Karan, Cute Animals Skinned Alive are 'Just Purses and Accessories'

      donnakaran.jpg

      PETA has stepped up its game against Donna Karan. Last week we spotted the anti-fur protesters outside the designer's Greenwich Street studio, when she was exhibiting her DKNY line. And while you can be sure PETA has their signs waving there again today, for Donna Karan's namesake collection, they went so far as to trespass Karan's Central Park West home Wednesday night.

      Trying to get one of their infamous DVDs, depicting grotesque fur trade practices, in front of Karan, a well-dressed PETA agent managed to get into her home after Karan's assistant escorted her in, unaware of what was to go down.

      The PETA operative was actually surprised when "she was invited into Karan's vast apartment, greeted by an assistant and offered a seat. As housekeepers, stylists and other assistants buzzed around, the activist, equipped with a miniature DVD player, waited for Karan," McGraw told Page Six.

      When Karan, who has been targeted by PETA throughout Fashion Week for using fur in her designs, finally came home, she was accosted by the infiltrator, who immediately turned on a graphic DVD of animals being harvested for their pelts.

      A horrified Karan said, "I can't watch this now. I have somewhere to be . . . I just really don't have the time."

      When the PETA lady protested, Karan said, "I've seen all these [videos], but for me it's just purses and accessories."

      That prompted the PETA woman to shoot back, "But for me and millions of other people, these are animals. They suffer terribly as they are electrocuted, gassed and skinned alive for their pelts."

      According to McGraw, Karan said, "Look, nobody loves their dogs like I do . . . I feel like my privacy is being invaded. How did you get in here?" Then she walked away.

      As you might imagine, Karan's assistant has since been let go. But the show must go on; see you at 3.

      Feb 8, 2008 · Link · 3 Responses
      Related Posts

      No related posts found.