File - Welcome.txt
- Welcome to the Yahoo Anti-spam Club! You are receiving this message
as a new member of our Anti-spam Group. We are glad to have you
with us. To learn more about our Anti-spam group, please visit our
site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Anti-spam .
We would like all members to please note the following:
* Our Group's web resources are very open. Our Message Archives,
Files, Bookmarks, and Photos are OPEN TO PUBLIC VIEW ON THE WEB!
* You may elect to conceal your email and IP address from moderators
and members alike. If you have have a Yahoo ID, visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Anti-spam/join and set your
preferences to post without revealing your email and IP address.
[This is HIGHLY recommended!] This limits you to posting only
from the web site, but it preserves your privacy to a greater
extent than possible when using email.
* All members are expected to act and post responsibly.
* To prevent spam and other abuse, new members are moderated.
You may choose to get messages individually, in a Daily Digest,
Special Notices, or no email at all. If using Daily Digest and
posting by email, please edit/remove the Digest portion of the
message before posting. If using an auto-responder, please set
your preference to NO EMAIL.
Spam is often called unsolicited bulk or broadcast email (UBE or
UCE). It may also be off-topic or cross-posted messages in public
forums. This club is dedicated to ethically fighting spam, not
debating its merit or lack thereof.
Our web space here has information on prevention, filters, spam
reporting, ethical e-marketing, laws and more. Be sure to check the
info page (link below) and our Links Page for other great anti-spam
resouce sites! Post your ideas, strategies and questions in the
(1) We are not interested in counting kills or propogating email
warnings - real or imagined. Find some other forum for that waste
(2) The only time you spell "spam" in all caps is when SPAM refers
to a canned meat product. "Spam" of the .net variety is not worthy
of capitalization. [Pun intended!]
Yahoo Anti-spam Club Resources:
Our Group Bookmarks:
View our totally unofficial resources home page at:
If you do not wish to be a member of our Anti-spam Club, you may unsubscribe
by sending a blank email to: Antifirstname.lastname@example.org .
To see and modify ALL your group memberships, go to
Moderators of the Yahoo Antispam Club
[5/24 Revision: Added Group's HOME Page description to Welcome Message.]
- want to say thanks for your helpafter I joined whining about I tried to get rid of my sextextter my way.he just disappeared, assume you answered my plea for help.C